Hello! Rachel here, from An Eventful Life. I’m so excited to be included as a part of Dream Til Green’s guest post series. When she posted the question “what would your dream Fall be?”, naturally my thoughts went to decorating for a new season. I like to focus my seasonal decorating on the living and dining room area so here are a few DIY ideas and subtle décor touches I’m dreaming of adding to my apartment to spruce it up for Fall.
1. I might be loving this because my living room color palette includes the coral and gold featured below, but I also think this garland is a simple and easy way to add a little Fall flair to your living room. Draped across the fireplace or behind the couch it’s a subtle touch to signify the changing season.
2. Of course when I think about Fall, Thanksgiving is not too far from my thoughts. These “I Am Thankful For” placemats will definitely be a part of my table settings for this year’s 4th Annual Friendsgiving. Wouldn’t they be great to keep and bring out the following year to see what you’re thankful for has changed/not changed?
3. I’m not going to lie, as much as I hate to see Summer making its exit, I did get a little excited when I saw pumpkins for sale in the grocery store last week. Because I think there is nothing that isn’t made just a little better with some glitter added to it, I’ve been making variations of these glitter-dusted pumpkins for the past few years.
4. Speaking of pumpkins, I’m sure I’m not the only one with a cabinet full of empty vases. Filling the vases with mini pumpkins, spray-painted acorns (or both!) is the perfect way to put these vases to use and add a little touch of Fall to your home.
5. I’m not one to say no to popping open a bottle of wine but I especially love a bottle of wine that will be put toward a good DIY project. These chalkboard-painted wine bottles are so simple and add a classy touch to your mantle!