|Originally from My Kitchen Affair|
I saw this picture on Pinterest and had to give it a try. My results didn’t turn out as beautiful, but they were delicious. I did make a different version; a poor man’s version.
What you’ll need:
1. Slice your tomatoes
2. Sprinkle on oregano
3. Sprinkle on salt and pepper
4. Slice your mozzarella into small pieces and place them on each tomato
5. Shake some Parmesan cheese on top
6. Place in oven at 425 degrees for about 5 minutes. It may take longer. Just watch to see how the cheese is melting. I did have a smokey mishap.
7. Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle more oregano on top.
8. Let cool and devour!
|My tomatoes sliced|
|All ready for the oven|
|The finished product. My lighting sucks.|
This dish is really easy and delicious. The best thing is that all of the ingredients are things I always have in the kitchen. I don’t know why I didn’t think to bake tomatoes before. I might have to try with all kinds of cheeses and spices. Stay tuned!
Let me know what you think if you make them. @dreamtillgreen