Pinterest is my cookbook. I saw the picture above and had to try it — I also had almost all the ingredients so it was fate. I envisioned myself outside a cafe in Rome eating these appetizers. I didn’t have the bread crumbs, but it was still delicious.
Zucchini (enough for as many people you’re cooking for. I used 2)
Garlic (minced. Add as much as you like)
Olive Oil (I filled a small measuring cup full)
Tomatoes (original recipe suggested Roma, but any kind will work)
Salt and Pepper
Breadcrumbs (I didn’t have any, but if you want some crunch, go for it)
How to make it:
1. Cut your zucchinis in half.
2. Use a spoon and scrape out the seeds so you have a zucchini canoe.
3. Pour some olive oil into a little bowl.
4. Chop the garlic really small or use minced garlic if you have it.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix the olive oil mixture together
7. Pour a little of your olive oil mixture into each of the zucchini canoes. Not too much because you still need room for your tomatoes to sit in it.
8. Slice your tomatoes and place them into the canoes.
9. Rip/cut your mozzarella so it will fit on top
10. If you have breadcrumbs, add now. If not, don’t worry about it. Go to step 11.
11. Place into an oven, or toaster oven in my case, at 350 degrees for 15 min.
12. After 15 minutes passes, add basil and Parmesan cheese. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
13. Pull out of oven. Let it cool for a bit, and then enjoy!